Morning/Afternoon Prep Cook (Full-time or Part-time)
Position: Cook at Petaluma Market
Hours: 8 hour shifts ranging from 5AM – 5PM
Hiring full-time positions
Schedule will range from 8-28 hours per week (part-time) or 32-40 hours a week (full-time), may be required to work additional hours as dictated by the work load and staffing, must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Cook assists the cooks in the preparation and service of menu items; vegetable preparation; basic butchery; basic knowledge of most cooking techniques.
- Must be reliable and honest.
- Must possess integrity and professionalism in their position.
- Ability to read and write at the 8th grade level.
- Must possess basic to intermediate knife skills which include vegetable preparation; basic butchery to include breaking down poultry, portioning fish, cutting and preparing beef, lamb, and pork.
- Must also have a basic knowledge of most cooking techniques including grilling, sautéing, roasting, baking, and frying.
- Must be detail oriented and be able to read and follow recipes without deviating from set standards specified by the Chef.
- Fundamental understanding of food safety and sanitation which includes proper and safe food preparation techniques; safe food handling regarding holding and storage of hot and cold foods; proper storage of raw and prepared foods; labeling and dating; cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (or still pursuing education)
- Previous experience preferred of at least 6 months.
- Food handler’s card.
- Strong communication skills. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Requires moderate physical efforts. Standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling and pushing, lifting of weights up to 50 pounds.
- Working conditions involve, noise, heat, changes in temperature, kitchen elements, odors, moisture, etc.
Starting wage: $15/hour
Full-time benefits include: medical insurance (100% coverage), dental insurance (100% coverage), vision insurance (100% coverage), life insurance, vacation & comp time and 401k profit-sharing plan.