Full-Time Evening Prep Cook
Position: Full-Time Evening Prep Cook at Petaluma Market
Hours: 5-8 hour shifts, schedules ranging from 12PM – 10PM (part time also available)
Hiring for full-time position
Schedule will range from 30-40 hours a week, may be required to work additional hours as dictated by the work load and staffing, must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Prep Cook assists the cooks in the preparation and service of menu items and performs a number of kitchen activities including pot washing, dish washing, general cleaning duties and storing food and non-food supplies.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Associate must be reliable and honest.
- Associate must possess integrity and professionalism in their position.
- Strong communication skills. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to read and write at the 8th grade level.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (or still pursuing education)
- Previous experience preferred of at least 3 months.
- Fundamental understanding of sanitation, cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Food handler’s card.
- Requires moderate physical efforts. Standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling and pushing, lifting of weights up to 50 pounds.
- Working conditions involve, noise, heat, changes in temperature, kitchen elements, odors, moisture, etc.
Starting wage: $15 / hour
Full-time benefits include: medical insurance (100% coverage), dental insurance (100% coverage), vision insurance (100% coverage), life insurance, vacation & comp time and 401k profit-sharing plan